Top 5 Engineering College in India - Course Fees, Admission Process and About the College Short Description
Everyone needs a good private education for children, and everyone wants to graduate from a government institution or college. When it comes to engineering, thousands of students take the JeeMains and Jee Advanced tests, which are administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA) to shortlist a thousand candidates for seats in IITs. The majority of students skip a year for the same but still don't get selected, demonstrating how competitive the ecosystem is. To stand firm in such an environment and aim higher is what sets an extraordinary student apart. In this article, we have listed down everything you need to know about studying at a tier1 engineering college in India.
Indian Institute of Technology
- About The College: The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are public technical institutes controlled by the Indian government and situated throughout the country. Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Guwahati, Roorkee, Hyderabad, Patna, Bhubaneshwar, Ropar, Jodhpur, Gandhinagar, Indore, Mandi, Varanasi, Tirupati, Palakkad, Goa, Jammu, Dharwad, and Bhilai are among the twenty-three Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). The Indian Institutes of Technology are technical learning facilities that bring together some of the country's finest brains and develop them to be the greatest in every way. What distinguishes IITs from other universities is that they direct our attention on how we may apply what we've learned in the classroom to real-world situations. The IITs provide undergraduate engineering and technology programmes in a variety of fields. IITs offer degrees in B. Tech., B. Arch., M.Sc., M. Design, M. Phil., M. Tech., MBA, and PhD.
- Engineering Course Fee: INR 5 to 10 lakhs total course fees
- Admission Process: Candidates must first participate and pass the JEE Main entrance test to gain admission to an IIT after completing their 12th grade. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency twice a year, in January and April. The next stage after passing JEE Main is to take the JEE Advanced test. It is held every year by one of the IITs in collaboration with the Joint Admission Board (JAB). Candidates who pass the JEE Advanced test will be entitled to apply for admission to the IITs. It should be emphasized that applicants must meet all of the qualifying requirements set out by the relevant authorities.
National Institute Of Technology
- About The College: After IITs, NITs are known for the high level of education they provide, making admission to these universities a coveted problem for brilliant individuals. In India, there are 30 active IITs. These colleges are located throughout India, including New Delhi, Raipur, Rourkela, Goa, Imphal, Shillong, Patna, Jaipur, Srinagar, Kurukshetra, Karaikal, Nagpur, and others. There are plans to open a few additional NITs. The NITs are self-governing organizations with their own curriculum. NIT graduates are well-recognized and are frequently awarded high-paying jobs. In terms of student enrolment, the Bachelor of Technology (BTech) degree is the most popular undergraduate degree at NITs.The BTech degree is a four-year, eight-semester programme, whereas the Dual Degree and Integrated programmes are five-year, ten-semester programmes. These institutes are among India's top-ranked engineering colleges, with the lowest admission rates for engineering schools (about 1% to 2%).
- Engineering Course Fee: INR 5 to 6 Lakhs Total Course Fee
- Admission Process: Admission to any of the NITs follows a five-step process. Students must first finish the JEE Main registration before they can fill out the JEE Main application form. Students must take the JEE main test after completing their registration. NIT admissions are handled through the Joint Seat Allocation Authority's JEE Main counseling procedure (JoSAA). Candidates who have been selected for the counseling procedure based on the merit list must register online in order to participate. This is followed by course assignment and seat locking. Students are then summoned to have their documents verified, confirming their admission to the college.
Website - https://nitdelhi.ac.in/
Birla Institute of Technology and Science
- About The College: BITS Pilani, or Birla Institute of Technology and Science, is an all-India higher ed institution. Individuals from all across India who are accepted on the basis of merit receive the best quality technical education at BITS. Its alumni work in every field of engineering, science, and commerce across the world. The Institute is dedicated to creating, distributing, and conserving knowledge, as well as collaborating with others to apply that knowledge to the world's most pressing problems. BITS is committed to offering an education that blends formal learning and the thrill of research with assistance and encouragement.
- Engineering Course Fee: INR 18 to 19 Lakhs Total Course Fee
- Admission Process: Pilani's Birla Institute of Technology and Science is among India's leading institutes, offering a wide range of UG and PG engineering and scientific programmes. Apart from Pilani, the institute maintains campuses in Hyderabad, Goa, and Dubai. BITS Pilani admits students using the BITSAT admissions test. There are also alternative options for entry, such as direct admission for board toppers and acceptance via the SAT (only for NRI candidates). After completing Class 12, an eligible candidate can apply for admittance to any of BITS Pilani's first degree courses including bachelors in technology, provided he achieves a minimum of 75 per cent overall in the 12th class as well as at least 60 per cent total in each of the subjects, including Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, and also a viable BITSAT grade.
Website - https://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/
Netaji Subhash University of Technology
- About The College: Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSUT) is a seat of higher technical education in India that is run by the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi and affiliated with the University of Delhi. The institute has built a national and international recognition for technological teaching and research competence throughout years. Since its foundation, the institution has expanded dramatically in both size and breadth of operations. The general academic atmosphere of the university is particularly conducive to achieving excellence in education and research. It has continuously been regarded as one of India's best engineering institutions, and it has received high marks in national polls done by reputable professional and trade publications.
- Engineering Course Fee: INR 8 to 9 Lakhs Total Course Fee
- Admission Process: Under the B. Tech programme, NSUT offers ten specializations. To be considered, an applicant must have completed 10+2 with 75 per cent or above in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/Biotechnology, or be in the top 20% of their class. A good JEE Main rank is required of all applicants. Admission to the Netaji Subhas University of Technology will be based on the JEE Main score. Candidates must attend JAC counseling, which will be organized by NSUT, DTU, and IGDTUW. Candidates will be chosen based on their JEE main rank and desired institution, after which they must pay the fee and have their credentials confirmed in order to complete their NSUT Delhi enrollment.
Website - http://www.nsit.ac.in/
Vellore Institute of Technology
- About The College: VIT was founded with the goal of offering high-quality, international-standard higher education. It is always on the lookout for and implementing new ways to improve the quality of higher education. With students from all around the world, the campus offers a global ambience. Teachers with a lot of experience and knowledge are greatly encouraged to foster the students. VIT's multinational teaching and research standards are a great accompaniment to the institution's unwavering commitment to excellence.
- Engineering Course Fee: INR 7 to 9 Lakhs Total Course Fee
- Admission Process: VIT University holds VITEEE for admission to engineering programmes on all of its campuses. VIT University currently entails 4 campuses in Bhopal, Vellore, Chennai, and also Amravati. VIT University is well-known for its Vellore campus and recruitment, particularly in the CSE department. Aspirants seeking admission to VIT must apply for VITEEE and obtain a score of less than one lakh in order to be considered for VITEEE counseling and management admission. Candidates with a VITEEE rank of less than one lakh are only eligible for VITEEE counselling and are not guaranteed admission to VIT. VITEEE candidates must have a PCM score of at least 55 per cent in their 12th grade.
Website - https://vit.ac.in/
In this article, we captured the top premier engineering colleges in India, which can shape the future of any graduate into a bright one. Top engineering schools are intended to give you a comprehensive training environment. Learning in the same setting with the same professors instills confidence, puts you in touch with influential industry figures, and better equips you to become a top researcher in sciences and engineering. The environment we study affects ultimate personality development, which is undeniably a key component in landing the job of your dreams. So make yourself capable enough of studying at these top engineering colleges and carve a name for yourself in your chosen field!