About the Department
The Mechanical Engineering Department was established in the year 2002 and committed to its vocation for education, research and technological development. Mechanical Engineering involves the design, development, installation, operation and maintenance of systems that shape our modern society. Mechanical Engineering requires the fundamental principles of energy, materials, and mechanics. Mechanical Engineering is used to assure the sustainability and operation of complex structures and systems such as engines, robots, space vehicles, airplanes, and heating systems.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Lloyd imparts technical know-how to the students, promotes their problem-solving skills and involves them in the innovation of new technologies. In the industrial plants, sales, medical area, and engineering management are just some of the places where Mechanical Engineers have found work. We prepare our students not only to adjust to new situations, but also to define and direct the changes that may come as a result of new technological advancements. Mechanical Engineers have a good ability to design and deploy new products and procedures. Consequently, they can be found working in huge commercial organizations as well as specialist industries and consulting roles.
The four-year Degree Programme in Mechanical Engineering is approved by the AICTE and affiliated to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow. The three-year Diploma Programme is also approved by the AICTE and affiliated to the Board of Technical Education Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow.
Mechanical engineers are known for their wide range of skills, adaptability, and uniqueness. Personal interests and visions of your place in an increasingly technologically-driven society will have a significant impact on how you pursue a job. Numerous career prospects exist in Mechanical Engineering after successful completion of the course.
The Mechanical Engineering Department of Lloyd Institute of Engineering and Technology, will mold their students into technically sound as well as ethically perfect professionals with innovative leadership qualities and a confident attitude for serving the society with global attention.
- To impart a thorough knowledge of various core engineering subjects to our entire undergraduate and postgraduate students for ascertaining their fundamental strength in Mechanical engineering.
- To expose our students to a curriculum consisting of modern laboratories, interdisciplinary subjects and industrial training in such a way that they get international exposure in world class industries.
- To train our students with modern drafting & analysis software for developing their computational capabilities as well as promoting higher studies and research works.
- To strengthen our students with innovative ideas and build the potential of leadership & teamwork through various projects in their curriculum.
- To inhibit strong ethical qualities in the students for lifelong learning and serving the society and nation as a whole.
The department of Mechanical Engineering has the following lab facilities with updated equipment and software.
- Mechanical Workshop Lab
- Engineering Graphics & Design Lab
- Material Testing LabFluid Mechanics Lab
- Manufacturing Processes Lab
- Applied Thermodynamics Lab
- Computer Aided Machine Drawing-II Lab
- Heat Transfer Lab
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Lab
- Theory of Machine Lab
- Internet of Things Lab
- Machine Design Lab
- Measurement & Metrology Lab
- Automobile Engineering Lab
- Fluid Machinery Lab
- Aerospace Engineer - Aerospace engineers are required in developing and testing products for the aerospace sector. This position necessitates sophisticated materials expertise as well as experience drafting designs for helicopter, aircraft, spacecraft, rocket, and other related machinery utilizing specialized computer tools.
- Automotive Engineer - Automotive engineers work on cars (including racing cars), motorcycles, and other commercial vehicles in the design, manufacturing, transmission, marketing, sale, and after-sales care. Engineers will focus on the vehicles' aesthetics and mechanical performance, as well as the electronics and software that are used in modern vehicles. Design Engineer - Design engineers are in charge of conducting research and developing new products and systems for a business. In an engineering department, they draw plans, build test prototypes, and supervise the production process, among other things.
- Production Engineer - Production engineers are in charge of handling and overseeing production at factories and enterprises. They provide support to engineering teams, design safety protocols, report any problems to the manager, and devise ways to increase efficiency and profit.
- Quality Engineer - A quality engineer is in charge of developing a strategy plan for improving company processes and increasing output. Responsibilities include setting the company's standards of quality and testing methods to indicate efficiency, performance, and reliability.
- Robotics Engineer - Robotics engineers study, develop, design, and manufacture robotics systems, and applications that are used in areas such as manufacturing, farming, healthcare, mining, and the military to execute a variety of activities.
- Draftsman - A mechanical drafter converts design information and parameters from engineers into schematics, technical drawings, and production plans using manual methods and/or computer-aided drafting softwares. This makes it easier to manufacture customized tools and equipment.