About the Department
One of the primary engineering departments of the Lloyd Institute of Engineering and Technology (LIET) Greater Noida, the Department of Civil Engineering offers 4 years B.Tech. and 3 years Diploma programs.
B.Tech. course is approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, New Delhi (India) and affiliated to Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (www.aktu.ac.in) formerly UPTU (Uttar Pradesh Technical University). Diploma program is approved by the Board of Technical Education, Lucknow.
The Civil Engineering department was established in 2009 and since its inception the department has been continuously building a strong theoretical and practical foundation of Civil Engineering to the students. Students are provided here with deep knowledge in the field of structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, transportation and bridge engineering, water resources and hydraulics, surveying, structural design and drawing, environmental engineering, construction technology and management.
The Institute promotes bridging the gap between academia and industry and ensures that its students are extensively trained through active industrial collaborations. In the view of it the CO-OP (Cooperative Education) program in Civil engineering for the 1st time in India has been pioneered. It is an innovative approach to education that integrates professional industry experience into the academic curriculum. Co-op is a program that balances classroom theory with periods of practical, hands-on experience prior to graduation.
To produce technocrats of universal standards in civil engineering who are academically and professionally strong with the capability to innovate for modern requirements, serve society and face global challenges.
- To educate the students of civil engineering through innovative technologies.
- To cultivate a creative and research environment among the students
- To make the students conscious of the environment and trained in developing sustainable infrastructure and renewable sources of energy
- To create professionals who can design and develop affordable infrastructure for rural and urban growth
SOME HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- One of the oldest established courses among Pvt. institutions at Greater Noida.
- Opportunity for UG as well as Diploma courses.
- Latest industry aligned curriculum.
- Well-equipped labs and advanced software.
- Well qualified and experienced faculty.
- Teaching pedagogy in line with industry needs.
- Alliances and interface with academia and industry.
- Opportunity for professional industry experience into the academic curriculum.
- A number of opportunities for placement in national and multinational companies.
- Opportunity for industrial visits and in-house industrial training.
- Conduction of survey camp at various locations.
- Opportunity for attending various seminars, workshops, guest lectures, symposiums etc.
- Specially designed courses on soft-skills & personality development.
- Opportunity for various co-curricular activities and technical clubs.
- Opportunity to participate in various, cultural and sports activities.
- A huge number of well-placed alumni networks.
- Regular students counseling and guidance.
- Auto Cad Lab
- Building Material and Construction Testing Lab
- Building Planning and Drawing Lab
- Computer Aided Design Lab
- Concrete Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Engineering Drawing Lab
- Fluid Mechanic Lab
- Geoinformatics Lab
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Hydraulics and Hydraulics Machine Lab
- Structural Analysis Lab
- Structural Detailing Lab
- Surveying Lab
- Transportation Engineering Lab
The Department of Civil Engineering has the following laboratories with modern and advanced equipment and software.
- Design Engineer
- Site Engineer
- Construction Manager
- Sr. Supervisor
- Structural Engineer
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Transportation Engineer
- Water Resource Manager
- Water Resource Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Highway Engineer
- Construction Planning Manager
- Costing and Billing Manager
- Assistant Engineer
- Assistant Executive Engineer
- Section Engineer in Railway
- Technical consultant
- Training Engineer
- Quality Manager
- Sr. Draftsman
- Cad Designer
Name of Club: Navnirmaan
To inculcate the industrial and interpersonal skills in students.
To create the committee with students and faculty for the enhancement of skills of students and run various technical events within civil department
Team Members of club:
- Lal Babu Verma (HOD, CIVIL Dept)
- Surabhi Gaidhani (Departmental coordinator of club)
- Dhirendra Kumar Singh (Member)
- Pankaj kumar (Member)
- Mansi (Member)
- Aditya Chaudhary (Member)
This civil engineering club is established in 2022. Club works for the development and enhancement of interpersonal skills and industrial skills in students for their self-growth and career development.
Civil engineering club lets the students meet, interact, work with mentors and explore different aspects of civil engineering through various activities, lessons and events held under this club.
Navnirman is a committee of Undergraduate students elected to represent the Department of Civil Engineering's Undergraduate student body. Navnirman offers many benefits to students. First, they usually offer various events that can help with knowledge, career advice, and networking opportunities and working one-on-one with a mentor is especially beneficial for students who struggle with the technical side of engineering.